• Special limited-edition Dodge Challenger SRT8® model features exclusive Stinger Yellow exterior and interior appointments
• Proven 392 cubic-inch (6.4-liter) HEMI® V-8 engine provides pulsating 470 horsepower and 470 lb.-ft. of torque across a wide rpm range while also delivering 23 miles per gallon on the highway
• Two-mode adaptive damping suspension system offers selectable suspension tuning and automatically adapts to road and driver inputs for optimal vehicle control
• Exclusive SRT® heated steering wheel features mounted paddle shifters for hands on the wheel shifting both on road and at the race track
• Available 18-speaker Harman Kardon® audio system, with innovative GreenEdge® technology, offers 900 watts of power
• Arrives in U.S. dealer showrooms in first quarter 2012
Auburn Hills, Mich. , Nov 9, 2011 – The Chrysler Group’s Street and Racing Technology (SRT) team today announced an exclusive production run of special-edition 2012 Dodge Challenger SRT8® 392 Yellow Jacket models featuring Stinger Yellow exterior paint and interior appointments.
Based on the 2012 Dodge Challenger SRT8 392, the Challenger SRT8 Yellow Jacket features a Stinger Yellow body color and black grille surround to match the standard black body-side stripes that highlight the newly developed Yellow Jacket logo on the rear fender. New 20 x 9-inch, five-spoke cast-aluminum wheels with black painted pockets provide a unique performance look.
Inside, the standard leather seats feature an exclusive Stinger Yellow accent band with embroidered Yellow Jacket logo and silver accent stitching. The driver’s seat also features a full adjustable lumbar position with seatback tilt, memory and an easy-to-reach release handle, while the front-passenger seat adds tilt and slide with memory, which makes it even easier for passengers to get in and out of the back seat.
“The Challenger SRT8 392 Yellow Jacket adds another piece of performance car nostalgia to our rear-drive muscle coupe lineup in 2012,” said Ralph Gilles, President and CEO – SRT Brand and Motorsports. “The Stinger Yellow paint and interior accents speak directly to the performance enthusiast who appreciates a memorable and collectible color that helps deliver even more excitement and exclusivity.”
The original Dodge “Yellow Jacket” show car, which evolved from the 1970 Challenger, was shown at various auto show exhibits beginning in late 1969. Painted pearlescent Honey Gold, the roadster was powered by the 426-cubic inch HEMI V-8 and carried a number of the famous Dodge “Scat Pack” performance features, such as a unique front spoiler, wider tires, heavy-duty suspension and brakes, and manual transmission, along with the Rallye instrument cluster and shaker hood.
A limited number of 2012 Dodge Challenger SRT8 392 Yellow Jacket models will be built for the U.S. market. All Dodge Challenger models are built at the Brampton Assembly Plant in Brampton, Ontario, Canada.
The Challenger SRT8 392 Yellow Jacket will be available for ordering in December at Dodge dealerships nationwide and will be arriving in U.S. dealer showrooms in the first quarter of 2012.