– The Mopar® ‘Top Eliminator’ program recognizes the most skilled Mopar enthusiasts and their modified Mopar vehicles
– Fan voting for 10 finalists in ‘Top Eliminator’ online competition runs from Oct. 15–21
– Mopar ‘Top Eliminator’ online winner to be announced Oct. 22
With nearly 80 entries submitted for the first-ever online version of the widely popular Mopar® “Top Eliminator” program, Mopar officials have selected 10 finalists, which will be narrowed down by fan voting to one lucky winner. Fan voting opened on Monday, Oct. 15, and runs through Sunday, Oct. 21, with the winner set to be announced on Monday, Oct. 22.
Mopar enthusiasts submitted entries for the Mopar “Top Eliminator” online competition earlier this month by uploading photos of their classic or modern-day Mopar vehicles to the Mopar Facebook page, located at www.facebook.com/mopar. Each entrant also provided a brief background story about their vehicle, along with details on any modifications made to their ride utilizing Mopar parts or accessories.
“It was a hard task to select 10 finalists for the Mopar ‘Top Eliminator’ online competition, as there were many entries that demonstrated the deep passion Mopar owners have for their vehicles,” said Tricia Hecker, Director – Mopar Service & Parts Marketing, Chrysler Group LLC. “We look forward to adding another name to the prestigious list of past Mopar ‘Top Eliminator’ winners, and invite all Mopar enthusiasts to cast their vote online at our Mopar Facebook page.”
– Joshua Brack of Ozark, Mo., 2000 Dodge Dakota R/T
– Chris Jackson of Russiaville, Ind., 2010 Dodge Challenger
– Earl Heseman of Stockton, Calif., 1964 Dodge 440
– Shawn Kaufman of West Palm Beach, Fla., 2010 Dodge Challenger R/T Classic
– Jess Neal of Colorado Springs, Colo., 1971 Plymouth ‘Cuda
– Jon Priess of Elko, Nev., 1971 Dodge Charger R/T
– Duane Reimer of Casper, Wyo., 1970 Dodge Challenger R/T
– Scott Shanks of Gardner, Kan., 1970 Dodge Challenger R/T convertible
– Miguel Torres of Bakersfield, Calif., 2010 Dodge Challenger SRT
– Larry White of Huntington Beach, Calif., 1960 Dodge D100 Sweptline Powergiant
The long-running Mopar “Top Eliminator” program shines a light on passionate and dedicated Mopar enthusiasts who display unmatched skill in modifying or preserving a classic or modern-day Mopar vehicle. A total of three Mopar “Top Eliminator” winners have been chosen this year at Mopar event-based car shows.
Tom Ledoux of Pearland, Texas, was chosen as the first 2012 Mopar “Top Eliminator” winner for his modified 2009 Dodge Challenger SRT8® during the Seventh Annual Spring Festival of LXs in Irvine, Calif. Neil Wedeking of Marble Rock, Iowa, was named the second Mopar “Top Eliminator” winner of the year for his 1970 Plymouth AAR ‘Cuda during the 28th Annual Midwest Mopars in the Park car show in Farmington, Minn. Rich Gengo of Piscataway, N.J., was named the third Mopar “Top Eliminator” winner of 2012 for his 1951 Dodge pickup truck at the Carlisle Chrysler Nationals in Carlisle, Pa., July 6–8.
Mopar “Top Eliminator” candidates are judged on a number of criteria, including Mopar content, overall appearance, along with the story behind the build and additional benchmarks. The online Mopar “Top Eliminator” winner will receive the exclusive Mopar “Top Eliminator” trophy.
To vote in the Mopar “Top Eliminator” online competition, visit the Mopar Facebook page, www.facebook.com/mopar and click on the Mopar “Top Eliminator” voting tab. Mopar “Top Eliminator” updates are also available on Twitter, @OfficialMopar. Twitter users can follow the hashtag #TopElim for program updates.