Chrysler Group and hundreds of its loyal Dodge Charger, Dodge Challenger, Chrysler 300 and SRT (Street and Racing Technology) enthusiasts will gather together this weekend for the ninth annual Spring Festival of LXs. This three-day annual destination event draws loyal consumers from more than 31 states, as well as Canada, Mexico and Europe, and all of whom gather to pay tribute to the modern, rear-wheel-drive Chrysler, Dodge and SRT brand vehicles. This year’s event is expected to be a record breaker for the event organizers, the SoCal LX Group, with more than 1,200 vehicles scheduled to attend.
- Thursday, March 20
- 6-10 p.m., Cruise-in at Beach Burger in Huntington Beach, Calif.
- Friday, March 21
- Noon-midnight, Spring Festival Kickoff Party at DoubleTree Irvine in Irvine, Calif.
- Saturday, March 22
- 10 a.m.-4 p.m., ninth annual Spring Festival of LXs at the Verizon Wireless Amphitheater, 8808 Irvine Center Dr., Irvine, Calif. (main parking lot)
- 9-10 a.m., Dodge Challenger Acceleration Challenge with Leah Pritchett
- 10-11 a.m., Chrysler 300 SRT Charity Drives with Tommy Kendall
- 11 a.m.-noon, Dodge Challenger Acceleration Challenge with Leah Pritchett
- 12:45-1:45 p.m., Viper SRT Charity Drives with Jonathan Bomarito
- 2-5 p.m., Dodge Challenger Acceleration Challenge with Leah Pritchett
Saturday activities for owners:
- Chrysler Pavilion – Central hub to multi-brand display and aftermarket vehicles
- Dodge Power Rallye Tour – The Dodge Power Rallye Tour is kicking off at this year’s Spring Festival of LXs. The Dodge Power Rallye Tour is a brand immersion experience that will engage, educate and entertain consumers. This full-line tour will feature 2014 model year Chargers, Challengers and the rest of the lineup, interactive games and activities, as well as a chance for fans to ride and drive in Dodge vehicles.
- Dodge Challenger Acceleration Challenge – This single “hot lane” will give attendees the chance to experience high-performance acceleration power in a specially modified Challenger, alongside a professional NHRA driver, Leah Pritchett. The Challenger will be equipped with a Scat Pack 3 engine kit among other high-performance modifications. The hot lane will include some drag strip elements, (i.e., Christmas tree starting light, barriers, finish line etc.) similar in scope to what is done at Auto Shows.
- SRT Charity Drift Course – For a nominal donation ($20-40), consumers will be able to join professional drivers Jonathan Bomarito and Tommy Kendall in a once-in-a-lifetime experience as they push a Chrysler 300 SRT and the Viper SRT to their limits on this unique course. Proceeds from this event will benefit the local charity, Orangewood Foundation for Children.
Chrysler Group executives attending will include:
- Ralph Gilles, President and CEO – SRT Brand and Motorsports and Senior Vice President – Product Design, Chrysler Group LLC
- Mark Trostle, Head of SRT, Mopar and Motorsports Design, Chrysler Group LLC
About SoCalLX Spring Festival
What started as a small group and active community of online Chrysler and Dodge “LX” owners and forum users has grown into one of the largest “viral” owner events in the Country (LX was the original vehicle platform code for Chrysler 300, Dodge Charger and Dodge Magnum). It has become somewhat of a homecoming for the owners, giving the active digital communicators a chance meet face to face.
With food, prizes, custom vehicle displays, vendor alleys, cruises, parties, and manufacturer round table discussions, the event has evolved from a single day into a three-day weekend. Part homecoming, part celebration of great American cars and part festival that has become a family destination every March.
The Spring Festival of LXs is a unique collaboration between owners, forum users, aftermarket vendors, Chrysler Group’s California Business Center and “tricked-out” vehicles from the factory.