Dodge Resurrects the Demon: Teaser Video No. 7 – ‘Third Law’
- “Third Law,” the seventh video in the 2018 Dodge Challenger SRT Demon pre-reveal teaser campaign, launches today
- Fans should visit www.ifyouknowyouknow.com for weekly updates, to download sharable content and for a countdown to its reveal
- Dodge’s new ultimate performance halo to be unveiled during 2017 New York International Auto Show week
- Use hashtag #DodgeDemon to be a part of the next chapter in the Dodge performance story
The Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat’s supercharged HEMI® produces all the power required to run quicker and faster quarter-mile ETs than its balanced suspension and tuning enable. This is because, as extreme as the Challenger SRT Hellcat is, it was always intended to strike that perfect balance between drag strip brute force, road course competence and street car civility. Anyone who has driven a Hellcat will attest that it has an incredible “personality bandwidth,” depending on how a driver configures the power level, suspension, transmission, traction and stability controls. It truly is the ultimate “do everything” muscle car.
The Dodge Challenger SRT Demon, however, has a different mission. Designed to be highly competent in all drive modes and configurations, the SRT Demon is made to absolutely dominate in Drag Mode. In the coming weeks, Dodge will share more of the Drag Mode attributes. But this week, the focus is on how Drag Mode, in combination with the SRT Demon’s all-new suspension, maximizes weight transfer, traction and control … because burnouts are fun, but they don’t win races.
The “old school” solution was pretty simple – get the quickest reacting springs upfront, the softest rebound front shocks that wouldn’t restrict the springs’ reaction, remove any restrictions (sway bar) and increase the compression of the rear shocks. This combination resulted in extremely efficient weight transfer, but provided minimal lateral stability in the event that directional corrections were required.
The 2018 Dodge Challenger SRT Demon combines the best of both mechanical and electronic tuning to deliver maximum launch force while still maintaining precision directional control. The SRT Demon is the first-ever factory production car with mechanical/electronic drag-race-specific suspension tuning.
The “Third Law” teaser video, released February 23, helps illustrate the benefit of the 2018 Dodge Challenger SRT Demon’s new Drag Mode mechanical/electronic suspension tuning.
- 35 percent lower rate front springs/28 percent lower rate rear springs
- 75 percent lower rate hollow front sway bar/44 percent lower rate rear sway bar
- Drag-tuned Bilstein Adaptive Damping Shocks
- Rear = F/F and Front = F/S
- F/F – F/S maintained @ wide open throttle (WOT)
- F/F – F/F < WOT
- Traction control disabled/ESC maintained
Fans should visit www.ifyouknowyouknow.com to watch the “Third Law” video multiple times. Just like the previous videos, nothing is a coincidence and everything means something. Follow along with other teaser videos to learn more about what’s next from Dodge and SRT.
Fans can also uncage their excitement for the reveal of the 2018 Dodge Challenger SRT Demon by posting shares, comments or likes across the Dodge brand’s official YouTube, Facebook, Twitter and Instagram channels. Dodge will surprise 10 loyal fans with an invitation to the hotly anticipated SRT Demon reveal during New York’s auto show week.
Our story so far:
Leading up to the New York reveal, Dodge is launching its first-ever pre-debut video teaser campaign, including a new website www.ifyouknowyouknow.com, where fans and followers can get weekly updates, download sharable content and gain insight into the 2018 Dodge Challenger SRT Demon’s engineering prowess.
Videos released so far:
- “Cage” debuted January 12
- “Reduction” debuted January 19
- “Wide Body” debuted January 26
- “Crate” debuted February 2
- “Forced Induction” debuted on February 9
- “Multiplication” debuted on February 16
In the coming weeks, Dodge will continue to bring fans and followers in on more details by slowly peeling away layer upon layer of the new Dodge Challenger SRT Demon via video shorts that highlight the engineering that has gone into its development.
All videos in the series will be featured at www.ifyouknowyouknow.com. A countdown clock tells viewers when the next installment will be uncaged. The final chapter arrives when the Challenger SRT Demon is revealed in New York City, prior to the New York International Auto Show.
Dodge is promoting the teaser campaign on its Facebook, Twitter and Instagram social media pages, directing fans to www.ifyouknowyouknow.com and encouraging them to use the hashtag #DodgeDemon.