Dodge//SRT and Mopar Renew Commitment to National Muscle Car Association (NMCA) Competitors for 2019 Season
Dodge Challenger 1320 Owners to Receive Complimentary One-year Membership in NHRA and NMCA
- Dodge/Mopar HEMI® Shootout category returns for second season in National Muscle Car Association (NMCA) competition
- Category offers racers competing in model-year 2005 and newer FCA US LLC vehicles complimentary entry at all 2019 NMCA events
- Owners of new 2019 Dodge Challenger R/T Scat Pack 1320 will receive complimentary one-year membership in National Hot Rod Association (NHRA) and NMCA in 2019
- Vehicle ownership will be verified with SRT Concierge for memberships to be activated
- Drag-oriented, street-legal Dodge Challenger 1320 to begin arriving in dealerships in first quarter 2019
- NMCA 2019 season begins March 7-10 at Bradenton (Fla.) Motorsports Park
- Vehicle owners can register online for Dodge/Mopar HEMI Shootout at www.NMCAdigital.com/hemi
Dodge//SRT and Mopar have announced a renewed commitment to National Muscle Car Association (NMCA) competitors for the 2019 season. For the second consecutive year, the brands will offer racers in model-year 2005 and newer FCA US LLC vehicles complimentary entry in the NMCA Dodge/Mopar HEMI® Shootout category, providing performance enthusiasts a sanctioned and secure drag strip environment to race their muscle cars.
In its first year, the Dodge/Mopar HEMI Shootout drew large, 75-car fields showcasing a spectrum of modern-day FCA US vehicle nameplates, including Dodge Challenger and Charger Scat Pack models, 707-horsepower Challenger and Charger SRT Hellcat models and the limited-production 840-horsepower Dodge Challenger SRT Demon.
The six-event 2019 NMCA schedule blasts off with the season-opening 17th annual NMCA Muscle Car Mayhem at Bradenton Motorsports Park in Bradenton, Florida, March 7-10, 2019.
“The NMCA Dodge/Mopar HEMI Shootout is a great opportunity for the performance lovers who support our brands to hit the drag strip in a sanctioned, controlled environment,” said Steve Beahm, Head of Parts and Service (Mopar) and Passenger Car Brands, FCA – North America. “These events are the perfect venue to let our vehicle owners live out their passion, and we’re also proud to be able to help our new Challenger R/T Scat Pack 1320 owners experience their drag-oriented muscle cars by providing one-year NHRA and NMCA memberships.”
“NMCA was thrilled with the overwhelming response to the Dodge/Mopar HEMI Shootout class this year, and we look forward to continuing this exciting program in 2019,” said Steve Wolcott, President and CEO of the NMCA Muscle Car Nationals. “Passion for the Dodge Challenger and Gen III HEMI engine platforms has never been higher, and we anticipate full 75-car fields at each NMCA series national event. I personally invite anyone who’s never been down the drag strip before because our team makes it easy for enthusiasts to enjoy their Gen III HEMI engine-powered vehicles.”
The NMCA Dodge/Mopar HEMI Shootout offers enthusiasts an easy, fun experience, with personalized, step-by-step instruction available. Competitors are encouraged to race at their own pace, depending on each participant’s comfort level. Each Dodge/Mopar HEMI Shootout participant will also receive a free collectible license plate. As an added bonus, participants who would like to extend their racing experience will also receive complimentary entry into the Sunday Bracket 3/Street class at each NMCA event.
The Dodge/Mopar HEMI Shootout class is open to the first 75 vehicle owners to register for each NMCA event, with each complimentary entry — valued up to $175 — good for one car/driver participant credential. Vehicles entered in the Dodge/Mopar HEMI Shootout must be licensed, insured and street driven, on street-legal tires and must be model-year 2005 or newer FCA US vehicles.
For a complete schedule, rules, entry guidelines, and registration information on the NMCA Dodge/Mopar HEMI Shootout, visit www.NMCAdigital.com/hemi.
For owners of the new Dodge Challenger R/T Scat Pack 1320, scheduled to begin arriving in dealerships in the first quarter of 2019, Dodge is making it as easy as possible to spend a day at the races. The brand has announced that Dodge Challenger R/T Scat Pack 1320 owners will receive complimentary, one-year memberships in the National Hot Rod Association (NHRA) and NMCA for the 2019 season. Vehicle ownership will be verified with the SRT Concierge for memberships to be activated.
Named for the quarter-mile distance (1,320 feet), the 2019 Dodge Challenger R/T Scat Pack 1320 is powered by the 392 HEMI® V-8 that delivers 485 horsepower and 475 lb.-ft. of torque. With a quarter-mile elapsed time (E.T.) of 11.72 seconds at 115 miles per hour (mph), it’s the fastest naturally aspirated, street-legal muscle car available.
With their purchase, Dodge Challenger R/T Scat Pack 1320 vehicle owners will receive an NHRA membership with benefits including:
- One-year subscription to National Dragster
- NHRA Rule Book
- Access to a membership hospitality center at every NHRA Mello Yello Drag Racing Series event
- $10 off tickets to select NHRA Mello Yello Drag Racing Series events
- 10 percent off NHRA merchandise from NitroMall and NitroMall.com
- Official NHRA membership card, collector’s pin and decal
NMCA membership includes:
- Complimentary entry to all six NMCA events to compete in the Dodge/Mopar HEMI Shootout category
- Onsite drag racing instruction for first-time participants
- Special parking inside the pit area
- NMCA membership card and decals
- One-year subscription to Fastest Street Car Magazine
Dodge also recently launched the all-new 1320 Club, which gives members the opportunity to show off their official drag strip accomplishments with pride and challenge themselves and fellow racers to best their times to earn a top spot on either the Stock or Modified 1320 Club Leaderboard. The 1320 Club lives on Dodge Garage, the brand’s digital content hub for racing and car enthusiasts.